St. Paul VI Catholic High School is seeking a full-time Food Services Director/Chef for the 2020-2021 school year at our new campus in Chantilly, Virginia.
Reports to: CFO
Position: Exempt – Full Time
JOB DESCRIPTION: Food Service Director/Chef will be responsible for oversight and management of the kitchen and kitchen staff. Responsibilities include training staff, coordinating serving schedules, ordering supplies, maintaining food preparation equipment and kitchen area, and meal preparation and planning.
The qualified candidate will possess any combination of experience and training that provide the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
1. Prior experience managing a school kitchen and staff
2. Experience creating/planning/executing menus
3. Ability to prepare food from basic recipes
4. Ability to operate kitchen equipment including but not limited to: oven, stove, warmers, mixers, meat slicer, pizza oven
5. Previous experience following sanitation and safety regulations and ensure staff compliance with sanitation standards
6. Ability to establish and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with students, staff, and others
7. Possess knowledge of food preparation and the functional operation of a school kitchen
8. Possess knowledge of basic kitchen routines and cleanliness requirements.
Work may involve food preparation, care and cleaning of kitchen facilities and equipment, serving food, cashiering, and dishwashing.
He/she will communicate with students, staff, and others to obtain feedback on food service.
: Culinary degree or certificate (preferred); Food Service Manager License (required); Virtus Compliant (required/ability to obtain); knowledge of Roman Catholic Faith to adhere to Church doctrines (preferred)Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with professional references and resume to Dr. Opfer, our Principal, at email@example.com.