When Paul VI opened its doors, it was a new school in an old building. More than 37 years later, we are now among the Top 50 Catholic high schools in the nation.
Groundbreaking occurred on February 16, 2018 for our new 68-acre campus in Loudoun County (Chantilly). Read more about the Groundbreaking here
and view event photos here
Our state-of-the-art facilities will ensure that we continue to offer the very best college preparatory Catholic education for generations to come. Read more about what the new campus will offer here.
See recent drone photos of our construction progress here.
September 2019 Update
- In the Academic Building, the classroom spaces are close to being complete - just have some marker board and floor base left to finish. The last of the kitchen equipment is being installed. The Dining Commons, Media Center and Chapel have ceilings, and flooring work is underway. The Theater wood panels are going in and seat installation will begin next week.
- In the Athletic Building, the wood floor in the gym is being sanded and sealed and the upper level seats are all installed. Closing of the ceilings in the locker rooms and training rooms are in the final stages.
- The synthetic turf work on the Baseball Field began last week. The softball field is finished, other than sod which will be laid when cooler. The tennis court is paved and fencing work is ongoing. The track is paved with seeding of the inner track field to commence soon.
- Sidewalks are close to being complete on site and the landscaper is getting ready to start planting trees and shrubs next week.
August 2019 Update
- Both buildings now have permanent power. Only one roof-top unit is left to startup, which is expected to be done next week.
- The classroom, study alcoves, and administration areas of the Academic building are focusing on ceiling close-ins so that all finish work can be completed. Area A, the math/science/business wing, is substantially complete with finishes, with the Theology/Language/Admin spaces following behind.
- The Chapel and Learning Commons walls are painted, and the wood ceilings are about to begin. Tile began in the Legacy Lobby/Chapel area, and almost all of the kitchen equipment is now installed, including the walk in cooler and freezer. The Performance Hall ceiling clouds are well underway.
- HVAC is up and running in the Athletic building, and ceiling grid is in progress throughout. The Main Gym wood flooring installation is completed, pending final sanding and sealing. Acoustical panels are almost completely installed in both gyms, and the Main Gym scoreboards will be installed next week. The grandstand installation at the stadium field is substantially complete. The press box was hoisted by crane and set on the gym roof atop the grandstands.
- Outside, track paving is almost complete, and the perimeter drainage at the stadium field has started. The drainage system under the turf at the baseball field and sod at the softball field are almost complete. The dugouts for these fields will be set mid-August. Tennis court fencing installation is in progress, and the base pavement layer is installed.
- The permanent traffic signal work at the main entrance is now completed.
May 2019 Update:
Whiting-Turner construction crews continue their hard work in Loudoun County on the new campus for PVI! Since the last update, significant progress has been made on our new home. The pace will continue with the campus on target to open to students in August 2020.
- Buildings are now dried in with roofs, skylights and windows all substantially complete. Novec has turned on permanent power at the Academic Building, and is expected to be done at the Athletic Building in early June. The new traffic signal poles at Riding Center Drive are all installed.
- HVAC is up and running in the classroom and administration areas of the Academic building. Whiting-Turner is in "finishes mode" in these spaces with flooring, paint, ceramic tile, casework and ceiling grid ongoing. Wall close-in and ceiling framing is underway at the Chapel, Media Center & Auditorium. Tile installation is underway in the kitchen.
- Drywall close-in and finishing is in progress in the athletic building, and painting has begun in the gym itself. Grandstand installation at the stadium field began this week.
- Outside, our concrete contractor is pouring sidewalks and our earthwork contractor is getting the tennis courts & softball field to grade. Drain & curb work is complete at the track with paving getting ready to start. Safety netting/fencing is in progress at the baseball field. The sports lighting work at all the fields is just about wrapped up too.